Thursday, December 17, 2020

Transparent enamel

 After seeing my glazed ceramics I was inspired to work a bit more with my punches to create the feeling of different plants similarly to James' work with her roll milling.  I used these punched pieces to text the transparent enamel for the roll milled leaf texture. Transparent enamel takes longer to fire but there is a fine line between it going transparent and over firing. I was very excited to see that the enamel worked as I have only ever used transparent enamel on etched metal.

Bowes, K., (2020). Punched plant images.


Enamel colours: Top left to right- cactus green, cloisonne blue and unknown blue-green
Bottom left to right- 19A green and Atlantic blue
Bowes, K., (2020). Transparent enamel landscapes

1 comment:

  1. Have a look at Celadon glazes... it has a similar effect

    ReplyDelete