Thursday, December 17, 2020

Ceramic discs

During the lockdown, I did some work with ceramics. I made small clay discs that I pressed flowers, leaves and other found objects to create different textures. I had forgotten about them when we returned to classes so the clay dried. I was reminded of them when I was working with my punches as the impressions made by the punches were very similar to those made in the clay.

Seeing as the clay was completely dry, I decided to test the underglazes we have in the department to try to enhance the impressions of the plants and textures as some of them were not very visible due to the dark colouration of the dried clay.


Bowes, K., (2020). Ceramic textured discs.

Bowes, K., (2020). Ceramic plant impressions. 

Bowes, K., (2020). Glazed ceramic discs.

No comments:

Post a Comment