Monday, August 3, 2020

Platinum texture II

Melting the pattern/texture in platinum was in some ways different and the same as melting silver.  The platinum doesn't texture like silver does but it does bubble, like silver which was surprising. That means I need to forge the claws before trying to set them like I did with the silver otherwise they might break off.

The interesting thing about melting the platinum was in silver I drilled two holes and pierced between them to melt the longer holes, but this did not work in platinum. In the platinum, it just melted one hole and fills the second drilled holes. For me to melt elongated holes I had to push the metal with the hot flame.

I first thought I was overdoing it with the number of holes but once I finished and placed the enamel over it, I am very happy with it. This would set off anyone that has Trypophobia (the fear of clustered holes, bumps, or patterns).

Bowes, K., (2020). Enamel over the texture.
Bowes, K., (2020). Enamel viewed from the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment