Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Chapter 2 conclusion

 During this chapter, I learnt about several jewellers who all utilize castings but each translate into different outcomes. Although these jewellers produce different styles of work each one played a significant part in researching for my body of work. 

Louise Partain and Nic Bladen both cast from organic objects similarly to the castings I produced last year. Naomi Tracz chain is the closest reference I could find to my organic chain, Tracz spin-off pieces from her chain inspired me to create my own spin-offs using my links. Nicole Ringgold inspired me to work sculpturally, her pieces look cast but they are made by fusing and melting scrap pieces of metal.

Michelle Pujol's work is also quite sculptural and I had a semi-structured interview with her to get input about my work. I summarized Michelle Pujol's responses from the semi-structured interview I conducted using my research sub-questions. I provided my own response that reflects how her responses were applied to or differ from my own work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment