Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Chapter 3 conclusion

Each design was developed by exploring different materials and techniques. Even though the pieces were so different I managed to group them into three collections. I showcase these collections on the Wix website I designed. I do not feel that these collections are complete and I plan to make more pieces to add to my website. I explored mass production using mould making lost wax casting. This increased the number of pieces I produced for my website and means I will have a mould to remake pieces to produce stock for the website.

For the sunflower collection, I plan to spend time trying to perfect all the elements that will complete the earpiece. I plan to continue working with my leaves in epoxy to produce simple and wearable pieces that will be added to the leaf collection. The chain links I feel have a lot of potential as the shapes are simple and can be reused in many new designs. The advantage of having designs I still want to create means I can continue to add to my website, the more pieces I add the larger the audience I will appeal to. Producing my body of work was rewarding, especially to see how everything came together to produce a functional website.

No comments:

Post a Comment