Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Market vs Website

 I have been running the DUT table at the market for two years and from my experience at the market simple designs sell. Pieces that are simple sell better but it is not always about price design-wise it needs to be relatable to a large audience as there aren't the same people attending every market. The I heart market has become flooded with jewellers meaning if I want to continue with markets once I am done at DUT I have to start looking at other markets that will be available to me.

That is why I am looking at setting up a website as working with one theme, organic, means my work won't appeal to everyone. Websites can reach more people when promoted well. Also during times like this pandemic, a website won't need to close as there is no physical contact. The downside to a website is that it is taking time for me to learn how to set it up but from experience, WordPress has been easier to work in compared to Wix which I used for the Wadhwani Foundation program.

Bowes, K.,(2021). Market Table.

No comments:

Post a Comment