Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Design books

Unfortunately, the videos of my four design books are too large to upload onto blogger so I posted the videos of my design books onto my Instagram so that they will be in the journal on my website. I also uploaded my videos to youtube: chain designschain linksleaves and sunflowers

The first design book consisted of the mass-produced designs that I folded into signatures. I hand-stitched and bound the signatures together. For the final books, I wanted to ensure certain photos stood out in the book so I printed important photos on gloss paper. I planned the layout of each signature. I used my sewing machine to stitch them together as hand stitching was too loose. I added two small watercolour paintings into my design books which contrast the printed images the same way the handmade paper covers contrast with the smooth card used for the signatures. I 



No comments:

Post a Comment