Friday, December 17, 2021

Concluding remarks

 Upon starting my research I generated my research question and supporting sub-questions. I spent time defining my title, Producing Orangic Contemporary Jewellery by gathering academic writings and references of other jewellers. The semi-structured interview helped guide my research and give me direction.

Whilst I researched I designed and constructed my body of work with the aim of showcasing and selling these pieces on a website. I feel as if designing the website was the best decision I made as it is something I will defiantly continue to add to and refine. As stated previously there are pieces I still want to continue with these include the sunflower earpiece, the second organic chain, simplifying the epoxy pieces and experimenting with my chain links.

I learnt a lot from developing my body of work, I learnt new techniques like how to work with epoxy, moulding wax for casting and how to design and set up a website. With my research being open-ended there is still space to grow in manufacturing pieces I did not get to and new pieces to develop my online website into a profitable business.

No comments:

Post a Comment