Friday, April 10, 2020

Venation embroidered

I photocopied and enlarged one of my leaf skeletons on a photocopy machine so I could see the veins clearly. I decided to embroider the pattern as this is what I was going to add an enamel piece to, but I can't exactly enamel being stuck at home. I used the same photocopier to draw and pierce out the copper I was going to enamel. I used scrap material to practice my embroidery. I wanted to use green thread as I thought the finished embroidery might look abstract once it was done as the image was only part of the leaf and not the whole leaf. The only green thread I had was one that changes colour. This added to the randomness of the design as the changes in colour were unpredictable as the lengths of colours weren't exactly the same and cutting smaller pieces of thread to work with also made the colour changes unpredictable. The green is monochromatic as the thread was ombre that went from dark to normal green to light green and then repeated.






No comments:

Post a Comment